Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Friday, April 28, 2006

She knows how to look after me


This morning I was running late for work.
I plonk myself onto the rug and start putting on my socks.
She senses the urgency and starts mumbling as she walks off to the front door, grabs my work shoes and brings them to me.
She holds them up, motioning for me to slip my feet in.
I tell her it's not necessary, and gratefully take the shoes from her.
Next she walks over to the lounge room, and brings out my work bag.
For her, it must weigh a tonne, but she lifts it up by the strap and slowly begins walking to me.
The bag is too big for her, and it drags along the floor. Yet she still holds it up, in front of her, kicking into the bag as she awkwardly steps towards me.
I tell her that it would be easier if she dragged it behind her instead. But she ignores me, her face full of concentration.
I smile at her as she reaches me and give her the biggest hug and kiss.
She reciprocates and then says 'Bye bye' as she waves to me and backs away.
Then she runs off to Bart and Lisa to tell them I'm about to leave.

Marge and I could only watch in amazement.
Our 19 month old Maggie is truly an amazing child.

1 Comments:

  • This is sooooooo sweet.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home