Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sister Act


Maggie has reached another milestone.
The artist has awakened! The power of the pencil has been realised! The kitchen is now her canvas!
Yes, Maggie has been caught drawing on the pantry door.

And that's not the whole of it.
As soon as Lisa witnessed Maggie's daring raid, she grabbed a pencil and raced in to join her!

You see, this was one milestone that Lisa had bypassed during her toddler years.
Fortunately for us, Lisa was quite content growing up with the Megasketcher. And she quickly graduated to pencil on paper.

It's funny how Lisa now mimics the behaviour of her younger sister, rather than step up to the role of being big Sis.
We've seen Lisa regress to pointing instead of talking. Crawling instead of walking. And wanting to sit in Maggie's baby seat in the car.
Whenever Maggie runs to me with arms stretched, Lisa is sure to be hot on her heels, screaming to be picked up too.
According to the parenting books, this is all normal. Just a phase.
Enjoy it while it lasts, eh?

2 Comments:

  • Yo brudder,

    Was deciding whether to update my long un-updated blog and chanced upon yours. Great writing I say -- the part about your dad was very touching. Now I understand all the Star Wars fanaticism - kick me the next time I make fun of anything StarWarsy!

    By Blogger MINH, at 5:19 am  

  • thanks red.

    Feel free to bag Star Wars as much as you like though.
    I was very disappointed with Episode 1.

    For me, and I guess many others, watching the original trilogy again brings us back to our childhood days.

    It's not just about the movie, but the personal memories and emotions that come packaged with them.

    But you gotta admit, that X-Wing assault on the Death Star is THE coolest thing.
    I get goosebumps whenever I watch it!

    Yes Virginia, I am a nerd.

    By Blogger Homer K, at 6:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home