Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Simple things that make Homer smile.

  • Walking home from work, enjoying the warm evening sun, and having a family of ducks waddle across my path.
  • Getting home and crouching down to take off my shoes. I get a welcome home slap on the back by Marge, that puts me off balance... followed by Maggie racing through and slamming her hands on my shoulders. I almost fall over.
  • Helping Lisa brush her teeth. And then watching my daughter laugh herself silly - seeing herself mirrored in the tap spout.
    Bart comes in to see what's going on. And then both of them are cacking themselves, pointing at their distorted reflections.
  • Hearing Lisa string words together to form simple sentences.
  • Maggie. The questioning 'huh?' she utters whenever we ask her a question.
  • A spontaneous picnic at the park after work. Seeing Bart overcome his fear of heights to climb to the top of the previously unscalable 'Castle of Terror'.
  • Maggie's determination to pick up my mobile phone whenever she sees it, and return it to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home