Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Happy xbox360Day - or not


The xbox360 was launched in Australia today.

At the local shopping centre, it was pretty much a non-event.
All of the stores here were demoing Project Gotham Racing 3.
The games shops were practically empty. (Maybe everyone is at home playing with their new 360s?)
Good for me - because it made it easier for me to get my first 'touch'.

On a small standard definition LCD screen, the graphics looked good - but not great.
My 30 second verdict: Yeah, it's pretty nice. But not worth $650.

Until I get a largish HD LCD screen, I'm not too excited or eager to get a 360... yet.
Ask me again around Christmas time.   :)
Or when Halo 3 is announced.

I'm also patiently waiting for the release of the PS3 in November.
A guy at work is a PS fanboy, who is absolutely convinced that Blue-Ray will rule the world and force the DVD format onto the Betamax scrapheap.
I'm not convinced. Though the built-in wireless sounds appealing.

And the mysterious Nintendo Revolution, with its groundbreaking controller - now THAT looks VERY intriguing.

To paraphrase a wise old lasersword wielding muppet:
"Begun, this console war has..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home