Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Bloggers block

Must write.
But words fail me.
Can't even get full sentence structure.
Try unordered list - maybe get better as I go:
  • Got back into email contact with a good friend in Hong Kong. It only took 4 bounced emails! He got married in June this year. Must get over there sometime. It's on my to-do list.
  • Bart continues to improve in Track & Field. He came 3rd in the 200m on Saturday. And improved his discus distance by 30%.
  • Bart's weekend was just party after party. 2 birthday parties in 2 days. There was actually a 3rd one he was invited to at Zone 3 which I would have liked to have gone to.
  • Hayfever sucks. This is the first year that it's really hit me and Marge. We have sneezing marathons sometimes. Had itchy eyes for the last 4 weeks. Today my left eye has gotten very puffy. Gotta see the doc tomorrow methinks.
  • Lisa had a fever all weekend, and a big serving of crankiness to go with it. She'd cry and scream whenever Maggie touched her.
  • Found out that a friend from church had just passed away. Very sad news.
    Peter and Desma have been pillars of strength for us. They stood with us in prayer when Marge was pregnant with Maggie, and there was the possibility of complications. They helped us through a very difficult time in our lives.
    Earlier this year, Desma was diagnosed with cancer. From all accounts, the treatment was going well. And now she's gone to be with the Lord. Just like that. I don't know what else to say. Except 'why?'
    Not that I expect an answer - not in this lifetime anyway.
  • 10am meeting in the morning. must get to sleep.

Postscript: While composing this rather depressing post, I clicked on the 'Next Blog' button (in your top-right corner) to go to a random blog. And got this site: http://achristiancounselor.blogspot.com/ - a christian lady in Canada!

Now, how cool is that. And this is the first Christian blog I've come across via a random selection. Given the odds of that happening, I'll take that to mean 'Hey Homer, it's alright. I'm in control. GOD. ps - love your blog'.

2 Comments:

  • Hello Homer,

    Blessings to you in Christ. Good to know you are around and thanks for your comments on my BLOGGER. I am brand new at this, although I have my own counseling web site for nearly 9 years.


    Yes, God is in control, if we let Him that is.


    Blessed assurance Jesus is MINE. What a comfort we have in Him and in His word.


    Please, come and visit my web site and read my testimony (button on the top of my main site)
    http://achristiancounselor.com


    In His service.
    Minister Dr. Trudy Veerman

    By Blogger Dr. Trudy Veerman, at 11:20 am  

  • JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAD TO MOVE MY ORIGNAL BLOG SITE. I had difficulties and couldn't post (whatever the cause).

    My Blog address is now

    http://trudyveerman.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Dr. Trudy Veerman, at 6:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home