Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Gadget Hoarders Anonymous

"Hi. My name is Homer. And I'm a Gadget Hoarder"

When I buy a new gadget to supercede the old one, I find it difficult to part with the 'has-been' device.
Case in point: My first video game console collection. (We won't count that Radioshack "20 different sportsgames that all play like Pong" crap)

And I've kept all of them. Marge doesn't know why. I don't know why either. Maybe it's some weird sense of loyalty and a desire to see the device retire in a loving home. Or maybe I'm just greedy.

But I can sorta justify it: "Well, the kids can play with them"

If there are any other gadget hoarders out there, my advice to you is get some kids - preferably your own. Or at least a wife who has some gadget-geek tendencies. (Provided that her geekiness does not exceed yours, lest you end up with the obsolete device [shudder])

I've managed to hang on to (and hand down) several gadgets, without the guilt associated with selling them. It's a win-win situation.

Today, Bart has my old Palm m130. He loves it.

Lisa loves toy phones, so I gave her my old Nokia 7110 (with the Matrix-like retractable mouthpiece). She loves it.

And I've connected the old Playstation and Dreamcast for the kids to play. They love it.

And when I get my Palm TX, I'll give my Palm T3 to Marge.
Right, Marge?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home