Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's "Not fair" according to Bart

Not fair!

It's one of Bart's catch-phrases.
That and 'Kill the English'. (We suspect, and hope, that he got that from Age of Empires II)

Tonight Bart asked me about daylight savings. I explained to him that it was just about setting the clocks forward an hour and then setting it back in March next year.
He didn't like that answer. He didn't want to hear about clocks, or time.
That didn't leave me with much to tell him, which made him even more frustrated. And angry.
He started whining and jumping up and down. And before you knew it, a tantrum had erupted.
And the mouth went into overdrive, criticising everyone and dragging up past indescretions.
Apparently, it's not fair that I don't understand his question. And it's not fair that I don't know the answer. And it's not fair that I didn't say sorry to him a few days ago when I asked him not to kick the ball around outside while I was mowing the lawn.
And it's probably not fair that I'm publishing his antics on the internet.

But one day son, you'll understand.
Calm down. Take a chill pill. Life wasn't meant to be easy. Just cop it sweet, and get on with it. Life's too short.
(Better stop now before I get philosophical, or run out of cliches...)

1 Comments:

  • Hi Man,

    Thanks for the kind comments on our blog. I picked up the scent and looked at yours after that -- it's great, all the additional stuff you had in there.

    Also, a great way of knowing you guys more thru the blog -- I like the ones of 'Bart' and daylight savings and 'Maggie' first few words very much!

    By Blogger MINH, at 6:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home