Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Time flies when you don't have time to think

I'm still trying to work out where the weekend went!
It was just a moment ago when I came back from work on Friday night, and started to experiment with converting the Track & Field Access application into ASP. 5 hours later, I had some nice screens happening, but realised that I missed the 2nd TriNations Rugby League game between Australia and New Zealand. I found out later that Australia won. Woohoo! But it would have been a great game to watch live. DOH!
And now it's early Monday morning. I have to wake up in 5 hours to go to work.
But I've finally lodged my tax return via eTax.
I'll need to fill you in on the weekend highlights another time.

Have I mentioned that Lisa's starting to string some simple sentences and questions together?
It's improved from last week's:
Hello Gorman
(a rushed 'Hello, good morning')

Tonight we jammed her 2 Teletubbies with Cookie Monster into her baby stroller and played counting games. She asked things like 'How many hands/eyes etc' And then proceeded to count them. Well, I was impressed.
And then as she got into bed, out of the blue she said 'Good night Daddy' without needing any prompting.
I couldn't help but smile and think 'Lisa, you've just made my night.'
'Good night Lisa'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home