Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Saturday, October 29, 2005

If I had more time in the day... or even a 3 day weekend

I would :

  • Pray more. Get in touch with God. My spiritual being has been undernourished for a while, which is inexcusable. Really. When you think about our priorities in life, most of them don't even factor into the after-life. Even a non-believer will tell you that it's difficult to reach your long term goals if you keep seeking short-term gratification.
  • Spend more time with the family. Quality time. Lately, Bart has been asking me to play Lego with him. I've been putting it off because there's just so much to do around the house.
  • Read more books. Real books. Actual treeware. I've got a backlog of them, especially about parenting. I'm sure they have some really good stuff in them. Most of the reading I do these days is on Avantgo on my Palm. It is so handy being able to hotsync the latest news to read on the go. You could even read this blog on Avantgo!
  • Do some R&D in other web technologies.
  • Play with the xbox more. I've got a backlog of good games. Plus an xbox live account that hasn't been used for 2 months. Hmmm.. this falls under the category of short-term gratification...

I'll stop there. There's more I can add. But there's also a lot I can remove - from what I currently spend my time on.

Marge has reminded me, on more than a few occasions:

You're a husband and a father. You can't continue living the lifestyle of a single person.

I know she's right. But why do I still find myself awake at 4am messing around with this blog and surfing the net?
(And Bart would respond: "But it's really 3am. It's only 4am because daylight savings just started")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home