Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Sunday, October 30, 2005

The 'if I had more time' progress report

Following from yesterday's post.
Today's scorecard was a bit hit and miss.

  • I didn't spend additional time praying. In fact, I missed church altogether this morning - along with the kids. Call it Daylightsavings-itus. Marge was the only one who went, saying from the outset that she didn't want to be late this morning. By 10:05, she couldn't wait for the rest of us to get ready. Partly true. I was also home to look after Maggie, who has had a strange rash envelop most of her body since yesterday. And her temperement has matched the redness of the splotches. Bart learned a lesson though. As usual, he was taking things easy while everyone was rushing around him. He still had time to play chess with Lisa. Still had time to argue with me about the number of Queens you could have in chess. Still in his PJs as Marge grabbed the car keys and headed out the door. Suddenly he was shocked into action and raced into his room to get changed, screaming 'Tell Mummy to wait!'. But she didn't. When Bart emerged from his room (with a polo shirt and pyjama bottoms and his hair still sleepstyled) he was devastated. For the next 10 minutes, he pleaded with me to phone Marge back. To make her come back. After all, Bart had been awake since 6:30am. How could he be left behind? Sorry Bart. Not this time. Hopefully you'll start to take our words a bit more seriously in the future.
    Whoops - I digress. Today's God objective = DOH!
  • But the morning's drama did leave 3 kids in my care, and therefore allowed me to spend more time with the kids - particularly with Bart. And with the wet weather, I couldn't finish the gardening I started yesterday. So today's family objective = WOOHOO!
  • Books? What? When looking after 3 kids. Yeah right! Failed that one.
  • Ditto for the programming. Failed that too. But I did introduce Bart to the wonders of Microsoft Powerpoint. He had fun recordng his own sound effects into his slides. He kept asking me how big my slideshows were, because he was already up to 18 slides and was going to beat it. Little does he know about the true nature of Powerpoint - the number one dumbing down tool in the workplace today.
  • And the xbox? Did I have time for that?! Um... yeah. The xbox = this generation's father/son bonding tool. Throw in a copy of Star Wars Battlefront 2, and you've got father/son conversation material to last the next few days. WOOHOO! And SWB2 is a BLAST!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home