Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Thursday, November 17, 2005

They'e so cute when they're sleeping


As night watchman, my duty every night is to check on the kids before I go to sleep.
Over the last month, it's become easier - mainly because Maggie has gotten into a regular sleeping pattern (Thank you God!). Prior to that, the night watchman also had to provide rocking chair simulator functionality for restless babies.

Here are some of the night watchman's observations:
  • Once we manage to convince him to go to bed, Bart is quite a competent sleeper. Through the night, he'll sometimes manage to twist the doona around himself, till he resembles a giant Twistie. And he likes to listen to a CD as he goes to sleep. Not just any CD though. It has to be one of the dramatised kids Bible story CDs that has soldiers fighting and people shouting and screaming. And it needs to be turned up quite loud. Hmmm... future ipod geek?
  • Lisa's sleeping performances have been a mixed bag. She will still ask - no, demand that I keep her company as she sleeps. Tonight I managed to escape by telling her that I had to have dinner, and that I'd be back. She seemed to consider it for a while before allowing me to leave. She then fell asleep within 10 minutes.
    Overall, her sleeping posture has improved. I no longer have to pry her out of the 'head down, bum sticking out' fetal position. And she no longer sleeps across the bed, or upside down.
  • Despite my inital joy at moving the cot out of our room, Maggie is still sleeping with us at night. She hates the doona or any bedsheet covering her, and will kick it off each time. She also draws comfort from clutching at Marge's hair. Sometimes it really does become her security blanket. She still rolls around a little bit. And sometimes we cop a flying fist in the face. That adds an extra dimension to your dreams too.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for visiting my blogger. I still need to improve my blogger before informing my friends to visit it.

    Your kids are so cute, especially your daughter!

    By Blogger Flo, at 7:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home