Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Videogames ARE bad for your mental health

I've always been a huge supporter of video games.
  • They promote hand/eye co-ordination.
  • They encourage you to think logically to solve puzzles.
  • They unconsciously prepare you with detailed weapon knowledge and defensive manoeuvres - in case you ever get attacked by 'plama-sword wielding' aliens, or 'bubble-blowing candy-eating' dinosaurs, or 'turtle-shell throwing' Italian plumbers, or scantily clad ninja girl beach volleyballers.
But for the last few days, I must admit, it's become apparent that the years of sustained console gaming may have finally taken their toll on me.
I fear that the virtual world may finally be invading my reality. Videogame psychosis seems imminent.
It's quite disturbing actually. And it comes from the most unlikely source. Not even Halo 2 has affected me like this.

What game can cause such mental anguish?
The abomination known as Karaoke Revolution Party.
I cannot get THAT song out of my head! It's driving me crazy.
And I know I've brought this upon myself. Why do I continue to perform duets of that evil, evil, EVIL song?!
The melody just keeps playing over and over in my mind, with the ferocity of chinese water torture.
Please make it stop!!!!

Maybe if I share it with you all, I'll feel better!
If you want to avert your eyes, you'd better do it now. Here it comes...

(In Napoli where love is king. When boy meets girl here's what they say)

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore
When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's amore
Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita bella"
Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a gay tarantella

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool
That's amore
When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet
You're in love
When you walk down in a dream but you know you're not
Dreaming signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli

[Repeat until it sears into your subconsciousness]

That's amore, (amore)
That's amore!

Disclaimer: This mental instability depicted in this posting has been exaggerated for dramatic effect.
Though the song is still playing in my head. But I'm OK. Really!!
Marge? Marge? Come back!


2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Kelvin, at 11:45 pm  

  • Kia Ora (hello) from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. What do you mean, "driving you krazy" ??? I think you didn't have very far to go so you undone your seat belt now & the "nice man in the white coat will help you to put on your "jacket" - a strait-jacket !!! (hehe)

    By Blogger Kelvin, at 11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home