Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Sunday, April 29, 2007

CeBIT 2007 - feeding the inner geek

How geeky is this?
I'm taking leave on Tuesday to attend the CeBIT exhibition in Sydney. (No - I'm not chucking a sickie!)
It isn't directly related to my current role, so I couldn't expect my boss to foot the bill.
But I've always wanted to go to one of these. And see what's shaking up other areas of IT.
Particularly the exhibits for Open Source and VOIP. Both have been tech buzzwords for quite a while, and it will be interesting to see how they're marketed to business.

Other must sees:

  • Have to pay a visit to the MyNetFone gang, who (along with the Whirlpool forums) introduced me to the wonderful el cheapo world of VOIP phone calls. (Shameless plug - but they deserve it)
  • The WalletFlash products look pretty cool. I'm a sucker for anything USB. Especially a creditcard thin USB drive and MP3 player for my wallet!
    (Shameful plug - in the hope that they'll let me review their product)
    How about we use this technology in the Access Card? Then it replaces 17 health and social services cards AND your iPod :)
  • The BloggerZone. They'll have an area set aside just for bloggers. Perhaps I'll do some Jack Bauer 'The following takes place between 10am and 11am' posts.

Stay tuned...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home