Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Reality check

A friend at work wisely checked himself into hospital yesterday after experiencing chest pains in the morning. The doctors ran various tests on him and requested that he stay overnight.
He later found out that when he had the chest pains, he was actually suffering a heart attack.

Pretty scary. Especially when this guy does more exercise and eats more salad than anyone else I know. And he's only 25 years old!

And here I am, eating fast food lunches 4 times a week - thinking that I'm blessed to have a ridiculously fast metabolism.
People must look at me in disgust. Not just because I stuff my face with junk at my workstation and litter my desk with crumbs. But because they see all the fat going in, yet my weight barely reaches 60kg.

For some people, eating a donut is a major life event. Each morning tea sees them calculating the amount of exercise required to burn off the calories. Me? I could chow down a box of Crispy Cremes without a second thought. My clothes will still fit me in 10 years time.

I used to think that was a cool thing. Like a nerd super power. Not anymore.
If anything, it masks what's happening inside. At least with the expanding waistline, it gives the owner a visual cue to slow down.

New Year's Resolution: Eat less rubbish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home