Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Will Bart want a Nintendo DS for Christmas? Yes, he will.

I have almost convinced myself that Bart would like a Nintendo DS for Christmas,
For $188, it comes bundled with Mario Kart DS.
I have fond memories of playing the original Mario Kart against my flatmates on the old Super Nintendo back in my Uni days.
And from all the reviews I've seen, this is one cool successor.

I hadn't considered the DS until I read this post from a like minded Canberran, who also happens to work in IT.
The thought of a wireless 'xbox-live' like experience on a handheld is just too intriguing (or nerdy) for me Bart to ignore.

Further online investigation revealed that there is significant progress being made towards unlocking the potential of the DS.
Such as hacking the wi-fi for other purposes. And SD card compatible cartridges for homebrew apps.
Stuff that Bart should certainly be excited about.

So I had a chat to Bart this morning about Christmas presents.
He seemed excited at first when I told him about my plans suggestion.
But then he slipped into his reasoning mode (something he does quite often these days).
He logically declared that he already had a Gameboy SP, so how about we got him Lego instead?
Doh!

Hmmm...
I'll probably still buy it anyway, because I know he'll change his mind when he sees it.

How's that sound, Smeagol?
Good. Good. Yes, let's do that. But what if he still doesn't want it?
Then we'll have to find someone who does. It would be such a shame to return it to the shop.
Yes, of course. You're such a good father, Homer.

2 Comments:

  • I think your rationale is impeccable. You'll love MarioKart DS. er, I mean, Bart will. ;^)

    By Blogger Gordon, at 8:06 pm  

  • Thanks gordon.
    Now I just have to convince Marge.

    DOH! :(

    By Blogger Homer K, at 8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home