Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Laser Tag is fun!

My ex-colleagues at work had their Christmas lunch on Friday. I was happy that they still invited me. And even more happy that they decided to go with my suggestion for the post lunch activity - Zone 3 (Laser Tag).

Lunch was at the Turkish Pide House at Jamison. The banquet was good, though we didn't really feel like running around like crazy people immediately after stuffing ourselves. But we did it - and it was fun. More tiring than you'd expect from 2 x 15 minute games. My thighs are still sore, probably from that half-crouched stance that I maintained through the sessions. I finished ranked 3rd and then 4th. My Red Team won both games. And I had the dubious stat of catching most of my hits in the chest, while I seemed to hit a lot of people in the back.

Afterwards, I made the mistake of going to Westfield Belconnen for some window shopping.
I ended up spending $60 at Toys R Us.
The good news is that I've done the Christmas shopping for the kids.
The bad news is - Marge and I kinda already agreed not to spend much on kids toys this time. But why did I still do it? I'm always the one who complains about the toys being scattered all over the floor. And I've even threatened to throw them out.
After all these years, I still weaken at the Toy Store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home