Doh! DOH!! Hmm... Doh-nuts... and Energy Swords

"The Diary of a Dad" by Homer
A chronicle of the Doh!s and Woohoo!s during my life journey with Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
Aussie Malaysian Family. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Monday, December 05, 2005

I made my baby cry :(

I didn't mean to do it.
I didn't even use my Daddy voice.

Maggie was standing on our bed, walking towards the edge.
I was behind her when I said "Uh Uh, Maggie come back here"

We weren't prepared for the reaction that followed.
Marge was standing in front of her and had a perfect view of the transformation on Maggie's face.
The cheeky grin slowly turned into a frown. But it didn't stop there, it kept inverting until her mouth resembled an upside-down U. And then she started crying. The same kind of cry that she reserves for special painful occasions - like when Marge is carrying her around and accidently clips her head on the doorpost.
So Marge picks Maggie up to comfort her, and that's when I saw it.
As Maggie rested her head on her mother's shoulder, her eyes glanced sideways at me - and she gave me THAT look.

I kid you not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home